IVECO is thus pursuing its commitment to market a full range of vehicles by 2040 to ensure carbon neutral road transport, with a multi-energy approach based on biomethane technologies, battery electricity and of the fuel cell hydrogen vehicle, to cover the entire spectrum of light, medium and heavy vehicle missions.
Guyancourt, November 18, 2022
During the Industry Meetings organized by the French Bodywork Federation, IVECO presented four vehicles from its range of alternatives to diesel:
• • An eDAILY chassis-cab equipped with a tipper, with a range of 200 km and a record payload of 1,150 kg, while remaining accessible with a B license
• • A Nikola Tre 6×2 BEV (battery-electric vehicle) tractor currently operating in the demonstration phase in the port of Hamburg, Germany
• • A Daily CNG (compressed natural gas) 12 m3 van
• • A 6×2 IVECO S-WAY CNG carrier bodied by Kaiser Moro using a hydrocleaner (this vehicle, which is a European first for IVECO, has just been delivered to Lyon Métropole)
These vehicles illustrate IVECO’s multi-energy approach. “For a successful energy transition, there is no single solution. We support our customers with a wide choice of solutions, including biomethane, HVO and 100% electric vehicles, which we have just launched and which will soon be enriched by hydrogen fuel cell vehicles. With this energy mix, we offer our customers the possibility of choosing the most relevant energy according to their needs and the expectations of their customers”, explained Clément Chandon, Product Director IVECO France.
With a 50% market share in France and Europe, IVECO is the leader in alternative energies in the road freight transport sector, with a proven range of solutions compatible with biomethane and second-generation biofuel solutions such as HVO . This year, the manufacturer is unveiling its new range of electric vehicles, which complete its range.
High performance and maximum payload: IVECO goes electric with eDAILY
The entire Daily range is now also available in an electric version, aligned with the evolution of mobility and compliant with the new access rules of many urban areas. eDAILY covers all segments of the market, indeed it is the only electric utility vehicle to offer up to 20 m3 loading volume in factory van, up to 4.6 t payload and 3.5 t of towing capacity.
The performances are in line with the thermal versions: 140 kW (190 hp) of maximum power, 400 Nm of torque and up to 120 km/h of maximum speed. Driving pleasure is amplified by the instantaneous availability of engine torque. When extra power is needed, drivers can enjoy an extra boost by activating eDAILY’s distinctive Hi-Power feature. Energy consumption can be optimized thanks to the driving mode selector, which allows either to obtain the maximum power or to optimize consumption. eDAILY also has three levels of regenerative braking, including the One-Pedal Drive mode which facilitates city driving and converts the vehicle’s kinetic energy into electricity as much as possible, thus reducing consumption and brake pad wear.
• • No limits: zero emissions in use, zero noise for unrestricted mobility with improved efficiency and comfort
• • No constraints: same body variants, load volume and performance as the current Daily
• • No change: same driving pleasure and loading capacity, autonomy up to 400 km in urban use in real conditions
• • eDAILY is a durable, reliable and profitable solution not only for urban deliveries, but also for the majority of the missions today entrusted to its thermal elders
• • With eDAILY, bodybuilders can also join the electric revolution without having to adapt their bodies, in particular thanks to the availability of a 15 kW mechanical power take-off in addition to two electric ePTO options of 3.5 and 15 kW allowing to supply a tailgate, a tipper or even a cold unit
IVECO and Nikola launch the Nikola Tre BEV battery-electric tractor with best-in-class range
Produced by the Nikola-IVECO joint venture, Nikola Tre benefits from a platform based on the successful IVECO S-WAY truck and includes an electric axle, co-designed and produced by FPT Industrial, and advanced electric technology from Nikola Corporation. The IVECO and Nikola teams have taken a modular approach to this platform so that it is able to accommodate both battery electric and fuel cell technologies – an industry first that paves the way for the development of their electricity supply for the European market from 2023.
Nikola Tre BEV 4×2 tractor, battery electric vehicle, in its 4×2 tractor version for the European market, has a wheelbase of 4.021 mm, has nine batteries totaling 738 kWh of capacity, which offers a range of up to 530 km, the best in its class, and accepts a charging power of up to 350 kW. With a total on-board energy of 738 kWh and the continuous power of 480 kW (645 hp) from FPT Industrial’s electric axle, the Nikola Tre BEV has the performance needed to perform applications such as hub-to-hub deliveries and regional transport up to 44 t of PTR. Its mileage can be extended by relying on recharging points available along the route and at the destination. The 100% digital driving position of the Nikola Tre, composed of an HD digital dashboard and a 17-inch touch screen, sets a new standard in terms of design and ergonomics in the world of trucks. With the Nikola Tre, road freight transport now has a high-performance electric alternative to ensure low-carbon logistics in the dominant segment of tractors up to 44 t. An essential step to meet the European objective of completely carbon-free road transport by 2050.
Iveco press release.